The Winter Workshops have been a huge success and we hope to offer them every winter. The fun educational workshops are held at the CRAF Center for area students.
Printable 2017 Winter Workshop Schedule (includes registration directions) (PDF)
- January 7, 2017 ~ Pickle Ball - Grab a paddle and some fun!
- January 21, 2017 ~ Electronics: Legos, Circuits, Little Bits & more.
- February 4, 2017 ~ Igloos and Ice Sculptures
- February 18, 2017 ~ Kitchen Chemicals and Slippery Slimes
- March 4, 2017 ~ Cooking: Learn kitchen skills and try tasty recipes
- March 18, 2017 ~ Clay Sculptures and Multimedia Messes
This series is a joint effort of RMRA and MSU Extension
2017 Gazebo Concert Series
The Summer Gazebo Concerts are held on the lawn of the CRAF Center and sponsored by RMRA
Printable 2017 Gazebo Concert Series Schedule (PDF)
All concerts dates fall on a Wednesday. Concerts begin at 7:00 p.m. “rain or shine” at the Gazebo on the lawn of the CRAF Center in Roscommon (or in the CRAF Center gym in inclement weather). Bring your lawn chair or blanket. Refreshments will be available. Concerts are free to the public, however, a goodwill offering is taken to meet incidental expenses.
Concerts are supported in part by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the Region 3 Northeast Re-granting Agency. Radio announcements are provided by Blarney Stone Broadcasting and WUPS.
- JUNE 7
- The Roscommon Steel Drum Bands - This group is very unique to Northern Michigan. One band is comprised entirely of local adults. The other band is all high school students. They have been recognized all across the state for their outstanding performances at festivals and concerts. The students and director arrange their own music which makes it one of a kind.
- JUNE 22
- Jazzed Because - The Jazzed Because Quartet has an original style that compliments cover tunes and makes them as original as their own songs that cover a wide range of musical styles, as well as decades of sound evolutions. In the belief that Jazz is the freedom of spontaneous expression. Truly an experience for the listeners as well as the musicians themselves, Jazzed Because is technical, but not overly, classy, but not stuffy, professional, yet very entertaining and versatile, suitable for any and all venues that require the very best in smooth jazz with a touch of fun.
- JULY 5
- Kellerville - Kellerville is an Americana Duo that packs a punch. They juggle a double handful of instruments adding percussion through the use of a washboard, foot tambourine, rattles, shakers, and a floor tom. Lee even had his guitar customized to compliment his unique style of fingerpicking percussion. This allows him to use his guitar as a bass drum while playing. All this combined with their intricate harmonies and foot stomping tunes makes for a Full Band sound.
- JULY 19
- Full Cord - Full Cord is a Bluegrass / Folk / Americana group that started to build a musically diverse band using traditional bluegrass instruments. The band has an extraordinary song base, with songs ranging from traditional country and bluegrass to modern pop hits, big band era tunes and everything in between. Full Cord has over 80 years of combined musical experience and is using their extraordinary talent to break the bluegrass stereotype and breathe new life into it. They are introducing new styles and arrangements that keep everyone wanting more.
- AUGUST 2
- Fat Pocket - The four-man ensemble brings an earthy common man appeal to their performance, from the solid rhythms, leads, and vocals of their music to the classic Midwest Americana as the group intermingles influences from Sinatra, AM radio classics, Beatles, Stevie Ray Vaughn, 80’s hair bands, and the blues. Their performance offers a confident pace, well matched group vocals, and consistent high energy. If it means hard work, built in quality, and blue collar pride, Fat Pocket offers Made in Michigan music.
- AUGUST 16
- Motown Eagles - The Motown Eagles plays a small role in prolonging the profound musical legacy left by Glen Frey and the Eagles. Crafting every musical detail with a new precision and amazing voices, Motown Eagles celebrate an era of this powerhouse rock band with hits spanning four decades including the hits “Hotel California,” “Take it easy,” “Life in the Fast Lane”, along with others. Easily taking a trip back to the 70’s you will enjoy a night of old time rock and roll, so sit back and enjoy the ride.